American Gulfwar Veterans Association Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» American Gulfwar Veterans Association » Veterans Issues » Veteran Compensation Issues » Exit physical and service medical records

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exit physical and service medical records
Takers
Pvt.
Member # 476

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Takers   Email Takers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to know how I can get my service medical records and exit physical record, See I was invountary extened during desert storm, and when I returned back to my base I started checking out two days later ,and during my examime my blood pressure was high , and they had to take alot of readings, I need to find out if it was recorded on my exit physical but I know that it probably wasn't and now I have to take meds to keep my blood pressure under control. My blood pressure had always been normal until then.
Posts: 14 | From: NC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennethwelch
Maj.
Member # 119

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennethwelch   Email kennethwelch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
File a claim for high blood pressure service connected from the Gulf War. Go ahead and file the claim and then try to find your records. Kenneth Welch

--------------------
kenneth welch

Posts: 55 | From: north tx. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vetassist
Col.
Member # 451

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vetassist   Author's Homepage   Email vetassist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best way to request a copy of your service medical records is to use the National Personnel Records Center's online application form at http://www.archives.gov

I agree with Kennethwelch in that I also think you should file your claim now while you search for the records.

--------------------
http://vetassist.blogspot.com
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 140 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | American Gulfwar Veterans Association

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.2

(c) 1999-2005. INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO THEIR POSTINGS ON THIS BULLETIN BOARD WHERE COPYRIGHT IS NOT EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMED. (KANSAS CITY, MO.) *** Junior members, members, moderators, and administrators reserve common-law copyright privileges and rights to their own individual postings, unless expressly disclaimed. By using this bulletin board and in consideration for the privileges of such use, all guests, junior members, members, moderators, and administrators irrevocably agree to grant AGWVA permission and consent to use, store, retrieve, copy, distribute, and edit such message postings without limitation or exception, and irrevocably appoints AGWVA as agent for the purpose of execting any document or instrument necessary to effectuate this agreement. Furthermore, by using this bulletin board and in consideration therefor, all authorized or unauthorized guests, junior members, members, moderators, and administrators agree that the controlling jurisdiction over any dispute or controversy arising from the use or access of this bulletin board shall be governed under the laws of the State of Missouri and jurisdiction of the Circuit Court of Clay County, Missouri. *** While we encourage private messages to be posted in private forums requiring special authorization to enter, some messages on this bulletin board are protected by attorney-client privilege, doctor-patient privilege, and/or priest-penitent privilege, and such messages are intended solely for the use of those posting those messages, the intended recipient of that message, and AGWVA Bulletin Board's management - any disclosure beyond these parties is unintentional. The voluntary provision of medical, regulatory services/VA-representation, or religious services to members of the AGWVA Bulletin Board shall be limited by the case-by-case circumstances of each situation and shall be provided or not provided at the sole discretion of the person providing such services with the understanding that such services may stop or be limited at any time. Voluntary provision of any such service does not guarantee or assure any person a future or further right to such services. *** For posting messages to or from this bulletin board, AGWVA's management (moderators and administrators) are not compensated, directly or indirectly. *** Unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of material posted to this bulletin board is prohibited. Unauthorized access to this bulletin board is illegal and AGWVA reserves the right to prosecute anyone attempting to illegally access this bulletin board. AGWVA has stated explicit rules of conduct for its members posting on this bulletin board and all such rules are incorporated herein by reference as if fully set out hereinbelow. ***